Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Tricks

My housewarming on Saturday was nice! It ended up being a bunch of girls, plus Andrew, eating donuts, listening to groovy 8tracks playlists. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

I've heard back from a couple job positions, some good, some not so good. A lot of the families that are providing the positions have a very odd amount of hours that they can give (5-10pm, 3-7pm etc.). I wish I could commit to them, but I need at least 25-30 hours a week in order to maintain this apartment and this life. Hopefully I get a couple more bites by the end of the week. 





Kettle corn with lots of sprinkles.

I made heart cakes with the left-over gluten-free donut batter.

Cute $2 shot glasses

This week I'll...

-Avoid spending the remainder of my savings. It's hard not to dip into it during the week. Everyone's so busy, and I get the worst anxiety sitting alone in my apartment. I tend to go out and buy lattes with the money I should be saving in case of an emergency. Coffee cravings are emergencies, right?

-Keep motoring through Kijiji and Craigslist ads. I'll contact as many families as I can, in hopes they'll want to meet for an interview. Interviews are my specialty. I never get nervous, and love talking about my pastry experiences (and they love hearing about it!).

-Get groceries! Cheap cheap groceries. Andrew and I are trying to use up whatever we have saved in our freezers. It'll save us money and time.

-Keep my chin up. Everyone goes through these awkward transitions. I have to keep pushing myself to stay positive. I have to learn to understand that I can achieve whatever I want to. I just have to keep trying!



No comments:

Post a Comment