Saturday, November 10, 2012
It's time to party
Hey there. Happy Saturday.
Tonight I'm throwing my first party, a housewarming of sorts, in my tiny apartment.
There will be no where to sit, but that's okay.
There are donuts to eat, wine to drink, and conversations to be had.
Here's a recipe for you. It's easy, yummy, and they're cute as heck.
Chocolate Donuts With Vanilla Glaze
Makes about twelve
2 cups of flour (Bob's red mill gluten-free or all purpose regular)
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cocoa powder
1 tsp of each baking soda and baking powder
1 cup of milk
rose water or lavandar extract or violet extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Oil your donut pan
3. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, soda, and powder. Whisk together until combined.
4. In another large bowl combine milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk together until combined.
5. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Try not to over-mix. It'll make your donuts dense.
6. Spoon your batter into a piping bag. No need for a tip! Just cut off the bottom.
7. Pipe the batter into the pre-oiled pan. Fill only half way because these babies rise!
8. Bake 8-12 minutes. They're done when you touch them and they bounce back up.
9. Cool completely
1 cup of icing sugar, sifted
1-5 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla, or 1 vanilla bean
1. Whisk icing sugar with vanilla and 1 tbsp of milk, adding more milk until the glaze is a pancake batter consistency.
2. When the donuts have cooled completely, dip the tops into the glaze. Let the excess drip off.
3. Sprinkle with SPRINKLES!