Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hibernation + Cranberries!

Oh hello!
I forgot about you!
I'm so sorry!


I arrived back in Montreal on Monday. I was sleepy and remained sleepy until today, Saturday.
Again, I'm sorry about the silence.

This week has been bread/scone/cake filled!

I've also been listening to lots of oldies from the 1950's. It's hard not to. Especially when you're warm and cozy, and it's snowing outside. Am I right?

I made my dutch oven crusty bread with cinnamon and raisins. I also tested out a bread maker that Andrew's parents gave to me. I tried to replicate a bread my mom used to make for my brothers and I. It  didn't turn out like hers, but it was just like a hearty whole wheat Wonderbread. Not so bad!

Also, I baked some cranberry scones for Andrew. They were a hit! Buttery, perfectly layered, and sweet.

Currently, there's a walnut and cranberry pie baking away in the oven. Hopefully I can post some photos of it later on.


Here are some photos from this week.







No comments:

Post a Comment