Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Finding Your Niche

Hi there!


As you already know, I quit my job. It's been two weeks now, and there's been little to no regret. There has been, however, a hell of a lot of "soul searching".

I've decided that I'm going to take a break from pastry for the next little bit. There's not a lot of places in Montreal that are currently hiring pastry chefs, and I desperately need to start paying off my debt.

I'm now trying to become a nanny and housekeeper.


So far I have had an interview with a fancy lady who needed a dog nanny and cook. I was really confident in the interview. I emailed her the following day to thank her for taking time out of her day to talk to me. Unfortunately she may no longer have a position for me. I've also spoken to another fancy French lady who needs help getting her house back into order. I have a meeting with her in Friday, but she's lives off the island, and her house is 6000+ square feet!

I never would have guessed that it would be this complicated trying to find a job I love. Montreal seems like such a magical place, with magical bakeries and shops. But honestly, I feel like I would be happier in a smaller place. A place where when you walk down the street you see a friend that you know. Where you go to work, and you are already friends with the boss. A place where everyone knows everyone, in a positive way.

It's obviously going to take many years for me to find my niche  I'm only 20. This is JUST the beginning of my adult confusion. Blergh.




Earlier this week Boy and I watched Julie and Julia to try and cheer me up. Julia was 40 when she discovered what she loved to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment